Friday, July 22, 2011

Yellow Cat

A poem written off the tops of our heads!
-Erin and Olivia!

The yellow cat
in the purple beret
Waits alone
hence a chilling midnight
in a dying, lonesome cafe.
Takes a sip of a cooling coffee
Wishing for the lustrous company
of the blue manitee,
who will drink his wasting sanity.
Little does he know
that his troublesome aquatic chap
May never join him in this rotting hour.
The manitee, singing to his feline friend
utters his final remarks unto the rolling pavement
"My yellow cat
yellow cat
I love you
and your strange, purple hat.
I thik you're hansome
and I always have.
I pray to someday reunite
with your glorious silhouette
beneath the molding willow tree
at dawn, when our lives pass
before our whiskers.
Yellow cat, yellow cat
you've been so nice
Man, you're where it's at!
I love you.
But The bus is coming.
And Cat, however it may pain my somber soul
It's time for me to board this train
And let it's kaboos crush my aspirations.
It's time, yellow cat.
I'll meeet you at the willow tree.
Do not forget.
Never forget.
that you are the sexiest cat
in the entire freakin' land."
Love,
the blue manitee.
Yes.


Meanings we came up with:
The Yellow cat-
Erin's idea-humanities ignorance
olivia's idea-a guy who got stood up by his foxy date

Blue Manitee-
Olivias idea-a guy who's late for his job interview so can't meet the cat for coffee.
Erin's idea-World happenings that pass under the noses of the ignorance.

The Bus-
Olivias idea- a job interview!
Erin's idea- the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment