Monday, May 30, 2011

Fairest in the Land

Poem about finding ones inner self :P
{How lovably cliche...}


Shadow, shadow
on the floor
who am I?
I so implore.
He grants no answers
but asks the questions.
Identical thoughts, of my own conventions.
I tilt my head
he tilts his, too.
Tell me, shadow,
what I should do.
But he speaks no response
he mirrors me, once.
Same wilted posture
a question that haunts.
Shadow, shadow
in the grass
we're running out of time, to pass.
If I am you
and you are me,
Tell me, shadow,
what do you see?
Am I fair enough, to belong to you?
Am I bright enough? The perfect hue?
I can only pray
I'm who I say
but I hope, my shadow, that you agree
and admire the girl, I'll one day be.
I hope you laugh, with your shadow friends,
about all the odds, and all the ends.
And through every barren street we've ran,
I've collected my memories
you've taken my hand.
Shadow, shadow
way down low
my entire life, you've told me where to go.
You've never lead me, anywhere wrong
and through every twist, you've shaped me strong.
So, tell me, shadow,
is this really me?
But he utters no assurance
he asks my questions, limp endurance.
He nods his head
I bow mine, too.
Another inch, my shadow grew.
We've got forever
to seek identity.
And someday, then, we'll clutch divinity.
Shadow, shadow,
on the wall
thank you for carrying me
through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment